The Idiot's Lantern

The Idiot's Lantern

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel Review (no spoilers)

By our British Correspondent

After watching the 2 episodes of the return of the Cybermen to our screens after too many years, one thought that kept popping into my head was that this would look really good on a big screen. This is feature-film quality material here. Another thought that came to mind was that this is the 21st Century version of Earthshock. Yeah, there aren't quite as many shocks as in the Davison story, but there are one or two that pack a sizable wallop. I would go down a list of all the similarities between the two stories, but that would give too much away, so let me just say that the Cybermen are back and I'm a happy fan.

2 comments:

Michael Hickerson said...

I'd say this one is more like the Invasion than Earthshock which is a good thing as Earthshock sucks.

Romana1 said...

Sweet. The more I hear about this episode, the more I can't wait to see it!
I promised a friend of mine I'd wait and watch it with him-so it'll be another couple of weeks before I see it. Sounds like it will certainly be worth the wait!