The Idiot's Lantern

The Idiot's Lantern

Monday, April 03, 2006

Doctor Who news

Sgt. Benton: "What are we going to do now?"
the Second Doctor: "Keep it confused, feed it with useless information. I wonder if I have a television set handy?"

Hello! First of all, many thanks to Tom for the invite! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Romana (or, if you met me at Marcon, I'm Ella.) :) I will try to post these updates every Friday before a new episode of Doctor Who airs on SciFi. I will continue the updates for series 2 on BBC1 as well. Enjoy! (note: this update was for last Friday's episode-I will post a new update this coming Friday)

Series one in the USA:
Fridays, 9pm on the SciFi Channel
Current episode:
4.Aliens of London
Previous episodes:
3.The Unquiet Dead
2.The End of the World
1.Rose

Series Two in the UK:
Saturdays, at ???(time still to be determined) on BBC1
1. New Earth will premiere on April 15th.

Outpost Gallifrey's newspage has many interesting articles on the press launch coverage and official release date of Series 2 in the UK. WARNING: mild spoilers! not to be read if you haven't seen the end of series one yet, or you don't want to know anything about series 2. :)

New this year to Who: TARDISODES. TARDISODES are 60 second mini-episodes that will be additions to the main story line, featuring back-stories about the characters and the adventures in the upcoming episode. These will be available to download for mobile and broadband users (like Attack of the Graske). UPDATE: Apparently the BBC has decided to make each Tardisode available online to all visitors. Sweet! You can check out the new Tardisode here, along with a new teaser trailer for series 2. (Thanks Ken for the update!)

No comments: