The Idiot's Lantern

The Idiot's Lantern

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Smith and Jones (possible mild spoilers)

I really enjoyed the first episode of series 3/season 29. Fast pace, but not too chaotic (well, except for the beginning with the Doctor and the tie, which made us blink and say, '...wha..?') As for season starters, definitely better than New Earth, but I'm not sure if it was better than Rose. However, one must keep in mind that Rose was the first episode after nearly 10 years of no new Doctor Who on our screens-so...hmmm...how best to describe my point? Expectations were higher, Davies and his team had to prove to the public that Doctor Who was worthy of being on our screens again after such a long absence (which he did!)

But I digress-as I said, I really enjoyed Smith and Jones. I think I'm going to like Martha as a companion-she's smart and has a level head on her. I just hope she's not too smart (like Liz Shaw-I was watching some of the extras on Inferno, and the reason why they decided to get rid of the character was she was too scientific, and when she and the Doctor talked, there was no one to question the science so it could be "explained" to the audience.) Hopefully the current producers won't see that as an issue. ;) Her family seems a little dysfunctional (to put it mildly), but hey-a 'normal' family would be kind of boring...

The new season is here, and I'm along for the ride!

No comments: