The Idiot's Lantern

The Idiot's Lantern

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Shakespeare Code (mild spoilers)

This will be a very, very brief review-because...well, I'm suffering from writer's block!!
Let's just say that I really enjoyed the Shakespeare Code. :) I don't know whether it was Shakespeare flirting with Martha, the many references to Harry Potter ("...just wait until you read the last book..."), or the banter between the Doctor and Shakespeare. ("I think I'll use that. That's someone else's.") LOL. It was fun to watch, and was one of those episodes where time just seem to fly right by-one minute the Doctor and Martha are stepping out of the TARDIS, the next they are back inside, the Doctor is making up another excuse to take Martha on another trip, and you're saying, 'awww...you mean the episode is over already?' You can't help but feel a little sad that you have to wait another week for a new episode. ;)

I think this is my favorite episode in the new season so far. (Grant it, only 4 have aired, but I really enjoyed this episode!) We've seen the Doctor and his companion meet a historical figure every season in the new series, and I kind of like it-remember, Doctor Who was originally supposed to travel to various points in history-but they started to stray from that when they realized that episodes with aliens and monsters got higher ratings. I think it's cool that Russel T. is revisiting that aspect of the show at least once a season. :)

No comments: