The Idiot's Lantern

The Idiot's Lantern

Friday, August 22, 2014

One Day!

One day until Peter Capaldi's debut as Twelve!!  Are you as excited as I am? :-D

Just a few things:

Doctor Who was mentioned on NPR this morning: check it out!

BBC America's Doctor Who takeover continues with a Doctor Who marathon-they are currently into season 6.

At 9 pm tonight debuts a new special: Doctor Who: Earth Conquest  This special follows Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman on Doctor Who: World Tour, which sees them visiting seven cities across five continents in 12 days to publicize the upcoming season.  Woo!  Be sure to check it out-it *may* feature a project I have been a part of for a couple of years now, the Doctor Who Fan Orchestra. (no, I wasn't interviewed-but it's still exciting!) :-D

TOMORROW!  Are you ready?  Don't forget we will be meeting at the Grandview Theatre to help get ready for the premiere event tomorrow night, starting at 10 am. 

The show starts at 8, but be sure to get there early!  Costumes are encouraged! (Be sure to take pictures-I'd love to share some of them on this blog!)

Want to see Doctor Who on the big screen again?  Fathom Events will be showing Deep Breath in theaters around the country Monday, August 25th.  Click here  for details! :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I still come help clean if I'm not a part of the yahoo group?

Romana1 said...

Hi! I'm sorry I missed your comment-I wasn't notified one was left. I hope you discovered that you are more than welcome to join!

Posts about events are for the general public-you don't have to be a part of the Yahoo group to join in events listed here. Being a part of the Yahoo group (or if your a member of our Facebook group), just makes it easier to respond to folks to let them know you are coming. :) It is not a requirement! (on the off-chance it was, more than likely I would not post about it-or I would include that restriction in the blog post)