The Idiot's Lantern

The Idiot's Lantern

Monday, August 27, 2007

Meeting of the Timelords, the lowdown

Hey everyone! First, my apologies for the delay in getting this up. I had the pictures uploaded about a week ago, and I just won't get into writing any excuses for not typing this up earlier. ;)

Second, I'd like to give a big Thank You! to John T. of Ohio Type 40 for sending me the pics and allowing me to use his summary of the day in this post. :)

Click on thumbnails for slightly bigger pics
August 18th, 2007
from John:

Daleks guarding the entrance

"Chris and I had the pleasure of attending The Doctor Who Columbus
event "Meeting of the Timelords". What a great time. We got a chance
to meet members from 3 other Doctor Who groups, and feel that we have
put in our part to strengthen the bond between 4 Ohio based Doctor
Who groups.


"We had lunch shortly after we arrived, which was a pretty simple pot-
luck style. Jarrod was manning the grill flipping burgers and cooking
the hot dogs. This was the time where we really got a chance to meet
other fans. I've learned in the past that Doctor Who and food go
together very well.


"After lunch, the entire group (I'm guessing
around 30 or so) sat down, and went over a number of key points.
Topics discussed ranged from membership recruitment, convention
rideshares, and the effort needed to bring Doctor Who back to other
PBS stations.

"Many other topics were discussed, and a lot of great feedback came
from all groups in attendance."

Sounds like everyone had a fantastic time!!! As I said earlier, I'm really sorry I couldn't make it-hopefully I'll be able to make the next big event!

If anyone else would like to share their pictures and stories here at the Idiot's Lantern, please feel free to drop me a line!!!
Thanks!!!

No comments: