The Idiot's Lantern

The Idiot's Lantern

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Marcon, part 2

Panels are always fun for me. Unfortunately I missed the Torchwood panel, but I did make it to the two Doctor Who panels. I always find the panels informative, and you have to give the panelists credit for trying to keep it as spoiler-free as possible(sometimes you just can't control what the audience says). It's a great place to ask questions, and to discuss and debate different aspects of our favorite show! Also, it's nice to be able to talk to people whose eyes won't glaze over after you've been talking about Doctor Who for only 10 minutes. ;)
(sorry about the fuzzy pic-I was laughing when I took this-thanks to the Dalek impersenation-which was very good, btw. I think we gave Kevin Sorbo, who was in the next room, a run for his money. LOL)

Saturday we had an all-Who club meeting. There's been talk about a unity of Ohio Doctor Who clubs-we'd still have our own clubs (DWC, Friends of a Timelord, and Ohio-Type 40). But we would all work together to organize big projects, help each other out with building up memberships, working on pledge drives, etc. It'll be interesting to see where all of this leads... :)

All in all, I had an absolutely fantastic time, and I hope more of you can make it next year! I love putting names to faces. :)

And finally, I'll leave you with the sign from our video room:



Don't forget DWC has a steering meeting next Friday, June 7th, and a monthly club meeting Saturday, June 23rd!

No comments: