The Idiot's Lantern

The Idiot's Lantern

Friday, March 02, 2007

Doctor Who news

Ah-ha! It's official! Series 3 will start on Saturday March 31st on BBC One. Originally Dreamcast had reported it starting on the 24th, but apparently the BBC had changed it's mind and the magazine didn't have a chance to change the date before it went to press. [Outpost Gallifrey link]

Speaking of series 3, there have been some episode title updates as well. Going by titles alone, I'd have to say that episode 4 is currently the one I'm looking forward to the most so far. ;) [Outpost Gallifrey link]

Classic and current series dvds! (in the UK) The Runaway Bride will be released on dvd on April 2nd. It will also include Music and Monsters the Doctor Who Confidential special. Volume 3.1 will be released sometime after the debut of Series 3. 3.2 is speculated to be released sometime in May.

The Seventh Doctor story, Survival will be released on April 16th, and May 28th will see the release of the Tom Baker's first story, Robot. Timelash (a Sixth Doctor story), will be released on June 25th.

I do hope that Region 1 versions of the classic series will not be far behind Region 2. Especially for Robot. I was just watching it the other day and noticed my copy is getting kind of worn. I said to myself, 'I wonder when this is coming out on dvd...' Someone must have heard me! LOL. ;) I suspect Region 1 dvds of the third series won't be released until after it airs on SciFi this summer. [unitnews link]

Doctor Who on YouTube! (official and legal!) BBC and BBC Worldwide have struck a deal with YouTube to display promotional material for programs such as Doctor Who and Life on Mars. The best thing about this is that it's all free. I think it's worth checking out. :) Because I read it here first: [unitnews link]
Also spotted at the Syfy Portal and Outpost Gallifrey

TAFN, and let the countdown to series 3 (season 29) begin!!

No comments: