The Idiot's Lantern

The Idiot's Lantern

Friday, September 22, 2006

Eighth Doctor on BBC7 and other news...

Hmm...perhaps I should have changed the title order to say Other news first-LOL....

Season 2 premieres on SciFi in one week! Yay!!!! I'm so excited. This also means I'll be back to my weekly posts during it's run-although I'm not sure how much extra news I'll be able to report on-time seems to be somewhat limited lately. Just look at how far behind I am now! ;)

For those who haven't visited SciFi lately, their Doctor Who site has been updated to include Season 2. A two and a half hour block has been scheduled for the Christmas Invaision and New Earth, starting at 8pm, EDT. After that Doctor Who will air in it's new timeslot-8pm, and will be followed by Battlestar Galactica at 9, and Threshold at 10. The SciFi wire also reports that the Season 2 dvds will be released on January 16th, 2007 (ooh, just missing my birthday!).

Also, BBC America will be airing the first season of Doctor Who starting November 21st at 10pm Eastern and Pacific.

More from the way-back file: I'm sure most of you have heard that Sarah Jane Smith, played by Elisabeth Sladen, will be staring in her own spinoff, the Sarah Jane Adventures, a children's program for CBBC. Here's the official press release from last week. Yay, Sarah Jane! ;)

Behind the Sofa reports that Torchwood will premiere on BBC 1 and BCC3 at 9pm on October 21st. Yay!

The Eighth Doctor on BBC7
This Sunday airs the first part of one of my favorite 8th Doctor audios, the Swords of Orion on BBC7 They will continue to run the stories from this series until mid-December, and then in January of 2007 will premiere a new series of 8th Doctor audios from Big Finish! He will have a new companion, Lucie Miller, played by Sheridan Smith. (that's good-although I seem to be in the minority here, I didn't really care for Charly-she just rubbed me the wrong way.)

The new titles are as follows:
-Blood Of The Daleks by Steve Lyons
-Horror Of Glam Rock by Paul Magrs
-Immortal Beloved by Jonathan Clements
-Phobos by Eddie Robson
-No More Lies by Paul Sutton, and
-Human Resources by Eddie Robson

I've really enjoyed the 8th Doctor audios, so I'm really looking forward to new stories in January!

TAFN,

No comments: