The Idiot's Lantern

The Idiot's Lantern

Friday, January 27, 2012

Doctor Who Fan Orchestra (DWFO #3): Rose's Theme/Doomsday

This past summer, I joined the Doctor Who Fan Orchestra-an online collaborative project to celebrate Murray Gold's music for the series. I discovered the group through one of my Doctor Who feeds, when they released their first work, "I Am the Doctor." After watching that first video, I was incredibly excited to discover that they were recruiting for their second piece, "This is Gallifrey/Vale Decem". For several weeks I rehearsed, recorded, and re-recorded my part-and it was worth it! :) Members sent in audio recordings of their individual parts (and multiple parts, if they were playing more than one instrument or submitting a vocal part), along with an optional video. http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

This is our third collaboration, "Rose's Theme/Doomsday":



We had 154 individual participants, from 18 different countries! (sweet, huh?)

If you would like to participate in the next piece, follow Stephen Willis, socksofbalhoon on YouTube-he will be releasing a recruitment video in the near future. :)

To find out more about the DWFO, check out the DWFO blog. :)

If you do join, (or have previously participated), please send me a note so I can mention you here on this blog!

No comments: