The Idiot's Lantern

The Idiot's Lantern

Thursday, September 27, 2007

SJA: Revenge of the Slitheen, parts 1&2 (no spoilers)

A review by Andrew:

Without giving it all away. I think it was an improvement upon the Invasion of the Bane. A decent story, I prefer the acting, and writing of this one. Nice to see another side of the Aliens, and they should make a good action figure out of the one. I prefer Clyde to Kelsey. Kelsey was an annoying twit, and Clyde seems a bit more intelligent, if otherwise much the same character. Episode 2 aired the same night on CBBC and so putting the two together made for a good complete story. There is another first episode "series setup" scene in the epilogue that you see in most first episodes laying the groundwork for the series direction, I prefer it's take on it to the one in Invasion of the Bane.

The trailer for episode 3 looks great, and I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks, Andrew!

If anyone else from DWC would like to submit their reviews for SJA (or Doctor Who and Torchwood), feel free to send them along! (My email can be found in the DWC Yahoo group).

No comments: